I have to give a shout out to Novation for creating such a comfortable and dynamic USB MIDI keyboard controller for the songwriter and/or producer in you. It is everything you need to either create in an in-home or state of the art recording studio or to use for live performances.
The 61 semi-weighted keys with after touch are ideal ultra responsive and allow you to totally play with ease. I feel so privileged to have gotten the opportunity to review this innovative keyboard controller at my fingertips. The Novation Impulse comes with Ableton Live Lite and is compatible with all DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation) including ProTools, Logic Studio, Reason/Record, GarageBand, Sonar, Studio One, FL Studio and Cubase using either a Mac or PC. Also included is AutoMap 4 software that has powerful integration that allows you to have extensive plug-in and DAW control. The eight key back-lit drum pad enables you to warp arpeggios or roll beats. With the inclusion of Novation Bass Station Synth, Mike The Drummer and Loopmasters, it adds to another expansion of sound for production excellence.
This USB MIDI keyboard actually feels like a real instrument. Check out vid below for brief demo.
Specs and Features:
- Ships with Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station, Loopmasters sample library, and Mike The Drummer
- 61-key USB MIDI Controller with Semi-weighted Keys, 25 Knobs/Faders/Pads
- Dedicated Transport Controls, and DAW/Instrument/Automap Software – Mac/PC
- Automap 4 control software enables instant hands-on access to your DAW and plug-ins
- Multi-function drum pads let you warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch clips in Ableton Live
- Ultra-responsive semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- Comprehensive DAW/plug-in control surface
- 9 faders, 8 rotarys, 8 pads, transport controls, and an army of buttons
- Custom LCD screen always keep you status-savvy
Originally posted on gstylemag.com